- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
Latest Cliff Stearns Items
At first glance, Rep. Cliff Stearns of Florida seemed to have his conservative credentials lined up ahead of Tuesday's Republican primary. He was endorsed by two tea party favorites – former GOP presidential candidate Michele Bachmann and vice presidential hopeful Rep. Paul Ryan – and belongs to the House Tea Party Caucus.
The nation's leading breast-cancer charity, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, is halting its partnerships with Planned Parenthood affiliates _ creating a bitter rift, linked to the abortion debate, between two iconic organizations that have assisted millions of women.
New developments in the congressional probe into failed solar panel maker Solyndra LLC shed light on what Republicans are calling the close relationship between the White House and an Oklahoma billionaire donor whose foundation was deeply invested in the company.
The top Republican and Democratic members of a House subcommittee investigating the collapse of bankrupt solar panel maker Solyndra LLC after it received more than a half billion dollars in federal loans agreed Friday to seek the testimony of Department of Energy Secretary Steven Chu.
Days before the expiration of its loan program, the Department of Energy, under fire for backing more than a half-billion dollars in loans to now-bankrupt solar panel maker Solyndra LLC, announced Wednesday more than $1 billion in new loan guarantees for other solar projects in Nevada and Arizona.
House Republicans have begun an investigation into Planned Parenthood's use of federal funds, questioning whether the national network of abortion providers has proper checks in place to prevent violations of federal law.
Obama administration officials refused to say Wednesday whether anybody would be fired over the decision to award solar-panel manufacturer Solyndra LLC a half-billion dollars in loans before it went bankrupt and saw its headquarters raided by the FBI.
FBI agents on Thursday executed search warrants at the California headquarters of Solyndra LLC, which was awarded more than $500 million in federal stimulus loans in 2009 to make solar panels in what the Obama administration called part of an aggressive effort to put more Americans to work and end U.S. dependence on foreign oil.
The chairmanship of the House Energy and Commerce Committee is emerging as one of the top prizes of the new Congress, and a collection of powerful House GOP members already are angling for the post.