- MSNBC host Ed Schultz paid $252K by unions in 2012-2013
- Korean War memorial ordered to take down Christian cross
- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- U.S. drone faulted for killing 14 ‘innocent civilians’ at Yemen wedding
- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
Latest Cnn Washington Items
CNN is resurrecting its old “Crossfire” political debate show starting Monday. CNN Washington Bureau Chief Sam Feist said Friday that toward the end of every show, combatants will search for ways they can find common ground on an issue in a segment called “Ceasefire.”
Ed Henry's assignment covering the White House would be a challenge for any journalist, no matter his employer.
Former PBS anchor Jim Lehrer says a debate moderator should be like a baseball umpire _ get out of the way and let the candidates play. That philosophy may have compounded his troubles during the first presidential debate between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney as he tried and failed to stay out of the spotlight, an increasingly impossible dream for a moderator in the age of social media.
CNN's Piers Morgan was in the position few television interviewers like to be this week: on the other side of the microphone.
A former CNN Washington bureau chief is the new president of Al Gore's Current TV.
CNN has named Jessica Yellin as its new chief White House correspondent.