- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Coast Items
D.J. Covington scored 21 points and Rodney Glasgow added 20 points and five assists as No. 2 seed Virginia Military defeated third-seeded Gardner-Webb 90-77 in a Big South quarterfinal on Friday night.
Josh Cameron scored 20 points as Coastal Carolina, the top seed from the South Division, beat Charleston Southern, 5th-seeded out of the South division, 73-68 in the quarterfinals of the Big South Conference tournament on Friday.
State Department of Natural Resources officials say that several local and federal agencies have teamed up to provide aerial views of coastal Georgia that are expected to help planners and scientists.
Authorities are searching for vandals who damaged stones that honor soldiers who were killed and wounded in the 1779 Battle of Savannah during the American Revolution.
Health officials on Georgia's coast say more than 20 sailors were quarantined amid fears of tuberculosis on a cargo ship arriving at the Port of Brunswick.
State and local search and rescue agencies are gathering in Hampton for five days of training.
When the Duke-North Carolina game tipped off in Chapel Hill, all 10 starters on the floor were African-American.
Warren Gillis scored 21 points, including the game-winning jumper, to lift Coastal Carolina to a 63-61 victory over Charleston Southern and clinch the division title on Saturday.
A 20-foot bronze statue of swimming dolphins will soon be installed in Ocean City.