- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
Latest Coast Items
The Seminoles were picked as the overall league champions by 104 media members and received 109 first-place votes in the Atlantic Division. The Coastal Division was muddier, with four teams separated by 44 points.
The Coast Guard installed a new leader on Wednesday to oversee the navigable waters from central New Jersey to the South Carolina border, including management of rescue operations and coastal security in those states.
Stories about Homer's bygone days fill the pages of books. On April 3, the public had an opportunity to hear the stories told by the ones that wrote them at "Meet the People," an event co-sponsored by the Pioneers of Alaska and the Center for Alaskan Coastal Studies.
Virginia led by 15 at halftime and pushed that to 27 points late, picking right up where it left off in its strong finish to Friday's tournament-opening win against Coastal Carolina.
A barge that once carried some 900,000 gallons of heavy tar-like oil was cleared Sunday of its remaining contents, a day after the vessel collided with a ship in the busy Houston Ship Channel and leaked as much as about a fifth of its cargo into the waterway.
Virginia shifted into gear and cruised past Coastal Carolina, but what challenges will Memphis present in the Round of 32? The Cavaliers talk about it here.
A memorial ceremony is being held in western New York on the 13th anniversary of the recovery of the bodies of two U.S. Coast Guardsmen killed in the line of duty.
Coastal Carolina did enough in the first half to allow the Chanticleers to believe they could become the first No. 16 seed to beat a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament.
Virginia trailed No. 16 seed Coastal Carolina on Friday night in a second-round NCAA tournament game. The Cavaliers would have made history if they had lost. No No. 1 seed had ever done so, but Virginia recovered and advanced with a 70-59 victory.