- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Latest Coast Items
Virginia Tech's offense underwent an offseason transformation. Longtime receiving stalwarts Jarrett Boykin and Danny Coale graduated. Four offensive linemen departed. Tailback David Wilson turned pro and was selected at the end of the NFL Draft's first round.
Cutting short a campaign trip to Florida, President Obama asked Americans Friday to pray for the victims of the mass shooting at a movie theater in Colorado "and for all the victims of less-publicized acts of violence that plague our communities every single day."
A developer in south Georgia is looking for someone to buy a small town.
An off-duty police officer was convicted Tuesday of grabbing a schoolteacher off a street and sexually assaulting her, and jurors have been told to keep deliberating on some unresolved counts, including rape.
Slowly, inexorably, the monster is being driven back to its lair. Its days of terrorizing villagers may soon be over. I wish I were talking about the federal government, but it's the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), better known as the Environmental Protection-or-else Agency.
Pittsburgh will join the Atlantic Coast Conference's Coastal Division in football, the league announced on Friday.
Shane Beamer spent 11 years away from Virginia Tech, but his dislike for Virginia didn't wane.
While many of No. 9 Virginia Tech's players expressed little interest in Virginia's fate today at Florida State, quarterback Logan Thomas offered a contrary opinion.
It would make for great drama next Saturday if the Coastal Division championship is on the line when No. 9 Virginia Tech and Virginia face off in Charlottesville.