- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partyers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
Latest Coast Items
Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer stood in front of his players in the locker room after last Saturday's 23-3 loss to Clemson. The room was somber, as the Hokies just lost by their second-largest margin at home in Beamer's 25 seasons. But Beamer, ever the optimist, attempted to inject some hope.
Virginia Tech and Florida State were landslide choices in a preseason media vote to win their respective divisions in the ACC.
Brad Mincey allowed one run in five innings of relief and East Carolina beat St. John's 6-4 to advance to the championship of the Charlottesville Regional.
Tommy La Stella homered twice and Hayes Orton went 5 for 5 with three RBIs for Coastal Carolina in a 13-1 rout of Connecticut in the Clemson Regional on Friday.
A California agency initially opposed to U2 guitarist The Edge's plan to build five mansions overlooking Malibu has agreed not to speak out against the project in exchange for more than $1 million in funding and other services, according to a newspaper report.
Eighteen years ago, Al Gore warned that Florida's coastal regions would one day be wiped off the map. "Because of the rising sea level, due to global warming, in the next few decades ... up to 60 percent of the present population of Florida may have to be relocated," Mr. Gore wrote in his book, "Earth in the Balance." A peer-reviewed study published last month by the Journal of Coastal Research suggests the Sunshine State might last a while.
As the No. 1 seed, Pittsburgh is the better team.
Kenny Chesney isn't happy with what he's seeing on the video screen.
Coastal Carolina reported violations regarding its men's basketball team to the NCAA last summer.