- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Latest Coast Items
Virginia Tech and Florida State were landslide choices in a preseason media vote to win their respective divisions in the ACC.
Brad Mincey allowed one run in five innings of relief and East Carolina beat St. John's 6-4 to advance to the championship of the Charlottesville Regional.
Tommy La Stella homered twice and Hayes Orton went 5 for 5 with three RBIs for Coastal Carolina in a 13-1 rout of Connecticut in the Clemson Regional on Friday.
A California agency initially opposed to U2 guitarist The Edge's plan to build five mansions overlooking Malibu has agreed not to speak out against the project in exchange for more than $1 million in funding and other services, according to a newspaper report.
Eighteen years ago, Al Gore warned that Florida's coastal regions would one day be wiped off the map. "Because of the rising sea level, due to global warming, in the next few decades ... up to 60 percent of the present population of Florida may have to be relocated," Mr. Gore wrote in his book, "Earth in the Balance." A peer-reviewed study published last month by the Journal of Coastal Research suggests the Sunshine State might last a while.
As the No. 1 seed, Pittsburgh is the better team.
Kenny Chesney isn't happy with what he's seeing on the video screen.
Coastal Carolina reported violations regarding its men's basketball team to the NCAA last summer.
Coastal Carolina's leading scorer has been indefinitely suspended from the team for an eligibility issue.