- Obama to order businesses to hike overtime pay for salary workers
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- NATO sends surveillance planes to watch Ukraine
- Climate change not a top concern of Americans, poll shows
- GM faces federal investigation for slow recall that led to 13 deaths
- Iran president reaches out to Oman on friendship tour
- FAA’s pre-Malaysia flight warning: 777s have cracking, corrosion issues
- Facebook HQ locked down; employees searched as police field threat
- Glenn Ford free, after serving 30 years for murder he didn’t commit
Latest Cobb Commission Items
Bucking the trend of teams pushing for stadiums and arenas closer to the city center, the Braves are moving from a site just south of downtown that has been their home since the team moved to Atlanta from Milwaukee in 1966.
Turner Field had a signature moment right at the start _ a trembling Muhammad Ali emerging from the shadows to ignite the flame that opened the 1996 Summer Olympics. In the years that followed, the Atlanta Braves hosted many memorable events of their own, from the World Series and All-Star game to the farewells of Bobby Cox and Chipper Jones.