- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
Topic - Colin Fleming
Britain held off a comeback attempt from Italy to win the doubles match and take a 2-1 lead in their Davis Cup quarterfinal on Saturday.
The "Bryan Bump" returned to the Davis Cup on Saturday.
"There is no doubt that yesterday sets us up in a position where we could go out there and have a really good go at the match," he said.
Fleming said the British were hoping to pull off an upset to make Sunday's matches moot.