- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
Colin L. Powell
Latest Colin L. Powell Items
"You break it, you own it."
When then-Secretary of State Colin L. Powell went to the United Nations to rally countries behind America's intent to invade Iraq, satellite photos were shown of trucks being loaded with deadly chemicals. Mr. Powell, Congress and President Bush believed that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. With that belief, along with the atrocities committed by Iraqi strongman Saddam Hussein upon Iraqi citizens, America occupied Iraq, but could not find the weapons of mass destruction. As a result, all of the liberals called Mr. Bush a liar and condemned him ad nauseam for what they called an unnecessary war.
Former Secretary of State Colin L. Powell said Sunday that he didn't know if the United States was winning in Afghanistan. One certain sign of progress is the relative lack of reporting on the recent Wolesi Jirga (parliamentary) election. Had the balloting been a disaster - with wide-scale, strategically significant Taliban attacks, minuscule turnout and unbridled vote fraud - coverage would have been substantial and the prognoses negative. Sometimes, little news is good news.