- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Colin L. Powell
Latest Colin L. Powell Items
When then-Secretary of State Colin L. Powell went to the United Nations to rally countries behind America's intent to invade Iraq, satellite photos were shown of trucks being loaded with deadly chemicals. Mr. Powell, Congress and President Bush believed that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. With that belief, along with the atrocities committed by Iraqi strongman Saddam Hussein upon Iraqi citizens, America occupied Iraq, but could not find the weapons of mass destruction. As a result, all of the liberals called Mr. Bush a liar and condemned him ad nauseam for what they called an unnecessary war.
Former Secretary of State Colin L. Powell said Sunday that he didn't know if the United States was winning in Afghanistan. One certain sign of progress is the relative lack of reporting on the recent Wolesi Jirga (parliamentary) election. Had the balloting been a disaster - with wide-scale, strategically significant Taliban attacks, minuscule turnout and unbridled vote fraud - coverage would have been substantial and the prognoses negative. Sometimes, little news is good news.