- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Colin Moran
Just one first-round selection failed to sign under the second year of baseball's new draft restrictions, with Toronto unable to reach an agreement with No. 10 pick Phil Bickford.
North Carolina will see a familiar opponent in Omaha — the Tar Heels will open CWS play Sunday against instate and Atlantic Coast Conference rival North Carolina State.
This time, the Houston Astros couldn't resist drafting Mark Appel with the No. 1 pick.
Ten _ just 10 _ of the top topics in the 64-team NCAA baseball tournament, which starts Friday:
The national seeds behind North Carolina and Vanderbilt, in order, are: Oregon State, LSU, Cal State Fullerton, Virginia, Florida State and Oregon.
A capsule look at the eight teams competing in the College World Series, which starts Saturday at TD Ameritrade Park Omaha in Omaha, Neb. (Coaches' records at current schools through super regionals):
"It's exciting to take the next step in my career," Moran said, "but obviously there is business to take care of this weekend."