- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Planning for the last attack doesn't make Americans safer
Topic - Colin White
Team overviews of all the teams in the NHL.
The New Jersey Devils placed defenseman Colin White and recently acquired right wing Trent Hunter on waivers. The team will buy out both player's contracts if they are not picked on waivers.
The New Jersey Devils found themselves in an eerily dark Prudential Center Monday morning, clearing out their lockers and heading home, a situation that the franchise had not experienced since 1996.
"This is clearly something we haven't dealt with in a while here," White said. "It's as bad as you can dream of, missing the playoffs. I never did my entire life. It's going to be a long summer, thinking about what we let slip by. I've had friends in the league who had to go through this and they always said how bad it was. Well, you don't know until you do it. It's not fun at all. It's a new season, a new start, the most exciting time of the year, and we're not a part of it. You always want to be a part of it."