- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
- CDC sees measles spike and ‘failure to vaccinate’
- Ex-Secret Service agent seeking Md. seat: Everyone’s a ‘de facto criminal’ now
- New prosthetic hand technology lets amputees feel again
Latest College Park Items
Maryland is set to follow the money to the Big Ten and end a nearly 60-year affiliation with the Atlantic Coast Conference.
Maryland's arduous November continues Saturday as No. 10 Florida State at Byrd Stadium, a meeting that could both serve as the Terrapins' last home game and clinch a losing season for the quarterback-starved team.
There was one shot, maybe two, Maryland coach Mark Turgeon might have preferred Alex Len refrain from taking in Friday's season opener.
Bennett Fulper will depart the Maryland football program later this year, known to fans as a versatile offensive lineman who started for parts of each of his four seasons in College Park.
Nick Faust looks around the Maryland locker room, and there isn't much familiar from his freshman season.
Shawn Petty, a scout team linebacker a fortnight ago, took the field Saturday as perhaps the most unexpected starting quarterback in Maryland football history. Petty's performance, while commendable, couldn't keep Maryland from avoiding a 33-13 loss to Georgia Tech at Byrd Stadium.
There were moments, Brenda Frese can concede now, when she wondered just what she'd gotten herself into after she arrived at Maryland in 2002.
Previewing Saturday's D.C.-area college football.
Maryland forward James Padgett faces a Friday trial for driving while impaired stemming from a June 16 incident in College Park.