- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
Topic - Collin O'Mara
A Delaware boy, 16, was bit by a shark in waters off Cape Henlopen State Park earlier this week, but state officials decreed just a day later that the beach was safe to reopen and the coastline clear of danger.
Delaware's environmental secretary is resigning his post to lead the National Wildlife Federation.
Attention drivers. Effective with model year 2014, all new vehicles sold in Delaware must comply with draconian California emissions standards that are more stringent than even federal regulations. Delaware won't be the last state where this happens.
O'Mara said in an interview Thursday that the federation has been able to bring together people with diverse interests, from hunters to birders, to drive nationwide change at a time of partisan gridlock in Washington.
But the election-year tax proposal is having trouble gaining traction among lawmakers, including Markell's fellow Democrats, and O'Mara said the federation agreed to allow him to continue working on the clean-water initiative during the current legislative session.