- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
- Some donations to gay waitress who allegedly forged hate note refunded
- German President Joachim Gauck boycotting Sochi Olympics
- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Colonel Tom Parker
A watch which was one of Elvis Presley's last Christmas presents and a corset worn by Madonna on her 1990 "Blond Ambition" tour will be featured at a London auction.
Human rights advocates were underwhelmed by the spirited defense of lethal drone strikes offered by President Obama's chief counterterrorism adviser on Monday.
Boy bands are back, with One Direction and Big Time Rush riding the wave.
TEASE: Malcolm McLaren, Brian Epstein and Peter Grant are just some of the greats to make the list of those responsible for the career direction of some legendary musicians and musical groups
In honor of Chubby Checker's 70th birthday, let's look at the top 10 tunes (including "The Twist") from 1960.
There are three kinds of books in this world: good, bad and good-bad. A good-bad book is one you know you shouldn't be reading, but if anyone tried to take it, they'd have to pry it from your cold, dead hands. "When I Stop Talking ..." is a near-perfect example of such a book.
"We don't believe that the justification [offered by Mr. Brennan] stands up under international humanitarian law," he added.
"Where there's a war, for example in Afghanistan, [drone strikes] are a legitimate weapon of war," said Tom Parker, a former British government security official who is now head of Amnesty International's counter-terrorism program. "The problem comes when you make the unprecedented claim that you are in a world-wide conflict with a non-state actor."