- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
Colorado Republican Party
Latest Colorado Republican Party Items
Colorado state Sen. Evie Hudak resigned Wednesday rather than face the prospect of a recall election brought by opponents of her votes in favor of sweeping gun-control legislation.
Disaffected Coloradans have launched a third recall effort, this time against a Democratic legislator whose seat could determine the balance of power in the state Senate.
With some scathing words for his critics, Colorado Republican Party Chairman Dick Wadhams dropped his bid for a third term this week in the face of a challenge from state Sen. Ted Harvey, who said he aims to return "authentic conservative leadership to the party structure."
Republicans typically stick with their front-runners when it comes to presidential primary contests, but 2012 may not be a typical year.
The disaster that is the Colorado Republican gubernatorial campaign could end up dragging down the rest of the party's ticket. Or it could benefit other GOP candidates by freeing up resources and creating a sense of urgency among activists.
There's a showdown in the Colorado Republican gubernatorial primary coming Monday at high noon.
South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint has bet on the right horse in an impressive string of Senate primary contests this year, but the freshman Republican's biggest challenge will likely be how he and his band of conservative outsiders fit into the GOP establishment.