- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Columbia Items
Steve Spurrier seemed to be a shell of himself his first few years at South Carolina, unable to rekindle the kind of success he had at Florida.
Dyami Starks and Brian Barbour scored 15 and 10 points in the second half, respectively, and Columbia defeated American University 64-62 on Sunday.
Missouri safety Jasper Simmons will not play this week against Kansas.
Akeem Auguste has been on too many South Carolina teams who started out strong and finished with a thud. And after clinching a spot in the Southeastern Conference title game, the Gamecocks defensive back doesn't want any stumbles down the stretch of the team's most special season in years.
Steve Spurrier doesn't want his rebuilding job at South Carolina to end with one Southeastern Conference division title.
NASA discovered cracks in Discovery's fuel tank Wednesday, an added problem that will complicate trying to launch the space shuttle on its final voyage this year.
A defense lawyer says former Missouri running back Derrick Washington may ask to be tried elsewhere on charges of sexual assault and domestic violence.
For TV viewers, this cutthroat election year is a riot of attack ads and media saturation made possible by big-money donors. For TV stations, it's a stimulus package.
Three years ago, eons for a college kid, Blaine Gabbert switched commitments from Nebraska to Missouri. That's not nearly long enough for Cornhusker fans to forget.