- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partyers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
Columbus Blue Jackets
Latest Columbus Blue Jackets Items
The skies were gray at Virginia's practice Tuesday, but the mood was nothing of the sort.
The Columbus Blue Jackets finally met captain Rick Nash's midseason request and dealt him Monday with a third-round pick and a minor-league defenseman to the New York Rangers for centers Brandon Dubinsky and Artem Anisimov, defenseman Tim Erixon and a first-round pick next year.
Profiles of the 33 drivers in Sunday's Indianapolis 500, in starting order with car number in parentheses, age, hometown, engine, race team, four-lap qualification average and biographical information (w-former winner; r-rookie; all chassis Dallara):
Georgia Tech's Sydney Wallace had just the second 20-plus point game of her freshman season — both in the NCAA tournament — pouring in 23 points off the bench as the No. 4 seed Yellow Jackets eliminated No. 5 seed Georgetown 76-64 in Chapel Hill, N.C.
Maryland thought it turned a corner with a riveting defeat of Miami this week.
The Los Angeles Kings needed a goal-scorer. The Columbus Blue Jackets simply needed a redo.
Washington Capitals public address announcer Wes Johnson wants to broadcast a Stanley Cup Final, a Winter Classic and an All-Star Game. The Winter Classic is coming to the D.C. area soon enough, but Johnson and the Caps will have to wait at the very least until 2014 for an NHL All-Star Game.
In a season in which very little has gone right for the Blue Jackets, general manager Scott Howson was able to deliver something positive: Columbus has landed the 2013 NHL All-Star game.
Edmonton Oilers left wing Taylor Hall sat out Tuesday's game against the Columbus Blue Jackets after cutting his head when he accidentally made contact with a teammate during pregame warmups.