- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
Latest Commander Items
A gas pipeline continued burning south of New Orleans on Wednesday, hours after it was hit by a tugboat pushing an oil barge, but authorities said the barge itself did not appear to be leaking its cargo of oil.
Patients in hospital beds; star-struck teenagers in a TV show audience; pupils at a school for troubled girls; a 10-year-old autograph hunter. All fell victim to the late British entertainer Jimmy Savile, police said, describing him Friday as a sexual predator who used his fame to find victims and deliberately targeted individuals who would not speak out against him.
Patients in hospital beds; star-struck teenagers in a TV show audience; pupils at a school for troubled girls; a 10-year-old autograph hunter.
British police say the late entertainer Jimmy Savile committed more than 200 sex crimes over more than half a century, with most victims children and teens assaulted the length and breadth of Britain, from TV studios to hospitals and even a hospice.
Royal Dutch Shell PLC's foray into Arctic offshore drilling suffered a serious setback Monday night when one of its two Alaska drilling rigs ran aground in shallow water off Sitkalidak Island.
U.S. military officials are investigating the apparent suicide of a Navy SEAL commander in Afghanistan.
A 28-year-old man was found fatally shot inside a parked car in the District's Capitol Hill neighborhood early Monday.
D.C. police are investigating an early Friday morning robbery near Dupont Circle and searching for several suspects — at least one of whom fired a gun at the victims during a car chase near the White House.
D.C. police are searching for a man who assaulted an 81-year-old woman during a burglary in Northwest D.C. Wednesday.