- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag when Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
Committee On Commerce, Science And Transportation
Latest Committee On Commerce, Science And Transportation Items
The NCAA's next big challenge could come from federal lawmakers.
At a Capitol Hill hearing Thursday looking into the deadly Costa Concordia cruise ship accident, Sen. John D. Rockefeller IV called for improved safety regulations and more environmental protection — and also criticized the cruise industry for not paying enough taxes.