- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Committee On Public Works And Transportation
Latest Committee On Public Works And Transportation Items
D.C. Council Chairman Kwame R. Brown on Tuesday shuffled the leadership of key council committees, leaving one member "baffled" and raising questions about political payback.
City officials for several years have ignored the letter and the spirit of laws governing procurement and use of "luxury-class" SUVs, a D.C. Council member said in a draft report issued Monday.
City officials broke the law by providing D.C. Council Chairman Kwame Brown a fully loaded Lincoln Navigator SUV, according to a review by D.C. Council member Tommy Wells that was released Monday.