- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
Commonwealth Transportation Board Subcommittee
Latest Commonwealth Transportation Board Subcommittee Items
Md. redistricting map reaches House; O'Malley administration uses special session to push jobs, gas-tax increase; Va. considers cutting local road maintenance payments; Va. appeals court upholds Blood member's 'Crips-related' defense; Police find body of missing 11-year-old in Clarksburg; D.C. ends arrests for expired tags; Davis wins Leslie Johnson's seat in Prince George's; Five D.C. homicides in four days; Caps are 5-0, franchise record.
A Virginia transportation subcommittee is weighing a funding shift that would chop state maintenance payments to local governments by more than 20 percent, drawing ire from Northern Virginia legislators who already think they don't get their fair share of cash from Richmond.