- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
- Holiday cheer: Airline grants Christmas wishes for 250 unsuspecting passengers
- U.S. vet held in North Korea says statement was coerced
- NTSB hearing on San Francisco airliner crash postponed
Communist Party Central Committee
Latest Communist Party Central Committee Items
One of China's most influential military strategists has made headlines by saying that a new, lethal strain of bird flu is a "U.S. bio-psychological weapon" conspiracy designed to harm China.
As an amateur student of military affairs, I have my own informal list of the "best" generals in World War II. The familiar names rattle out easily: Eisenhower, Bradley, Montgomery, Marshall and so on.
China's ruling Communist Party is waging a counteroffensive against what party General Secretary Hu Jintao calls the "ideological and cultural infiltration launched by hostile forces in the West."