- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
Latest Communist Party Items
Fresh from a 12-day hunger strike that roiled the public against graft, Indian crusader Anna Hazare is in hot demand to promote other causes as activists seek to harness his acclaim and ability to seize 24-hour media attention.
China's spectacular military modernization has moved at a dizzying pace in the last two decades, and one constant demand from the United States is for the Chinese military to increase "transparency" and disclose its strategic intentions and defense goals.
Most Americans who pay attention to politics believe Hollywood's political influence in American life and culture is heavily weighted on the left. Steven J. Ross, a historian who teaches at the University of Southern California, begs to differ.
China's most popular microblogging site is cracking down on what it says is the spread of false rumors after the ruling Communist Party told Internet companies to tighten control over information online.
Footage of a Chinese general discussing sensitive spying cases has been leaked onto Google Inc.'s video sharing site YouTube, in what appears to be an embarrassing failure of secrecy for the usually tight-lipped military.
Footage of a Chinese general discussing sensitive spying cases has been leaked onto Google Inc.'s video sharing site YouTube, in what appears to be an embarrassing failure of secrecy for the usually tightlipped military.
A Communist Party leader has told China's Internet companies to tighten control over material online as Beijing cracks down on dissent and tries to block the rise of Middle East-style protests.
China made impressive gains last year in its military buildup that pushed the Communist Party-controlled People's Liberation Army closer to matching modern militaries, according to the Pentagon's annual report to Congress made public Wednesday.
Giant statues of Soviet dictators Vladimir Lenin and Josef Stalin. Paintings of enthusiastic socialist laborers. A huge red star that graced Communist Party headquarters.