- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Communist Party Items
Chile's Communist Party wants a formal investigation into the death of the country's revered poet Pablo Neruda, who officially died of cancer only days after the 1973 coup toppled his close friend, President Salvador Allende.
Toxic bean sprouts, filthy cooking oil, drug-tainted pork: The relentless headlines in Chinese media have churned up queasy feelings for months about the dangers lurking in the nation's dinner bowls.
A chilling tale of Chinese government officials "confiscating" babies in villages for big profits is gripping China.
Chinese TV regulators have reportedly ordered local broadcasters to stay away from spy and crime thrillers as part of a propaganda buildup for the ruling Communist Party's 90th anniversary July 1.
Two of China's biggest technology companies have launched a court battle in Europe over mobile phone patents in a rare public clash between firms Beijing is promoting as national champions.
Activists flooded a central plaza in Turkey's largest city Sunday as marchers around the world demanded more jobs, better working conditions and higher wages on international workers' day.
Easter is a dangerous time to be a Christian in communist China. Holy Week - which commemorates the arrest, torture, crucifixion and eventual resurrection of Jesus Christ - witnessed an increase in government-directed violence and persecution against followers of Jesus. China's Communist Party cracks down on believers because trust in an all-powerful God undermines blind allegiance to the idea of an all-powerful state.
A relatively minor corruption case — by Chinese standards — involving graft and alcohol recently spiraled into a major nationwide scandal that helped deepen widespread social discontent and protests against skyrocketing oil and gas prices.
China will maintain the strict family planning policy it imposed a generation ago to keep the birthrate low and the economy growing, President Hu Jintao said in remarks before new census data are released.