- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Confederation Of Indian Industry
Latest Confederation Of Indian Industry Items
Factories and workshops across India were up and running Wednesday after major electrical grid collapses caused the world's two worst power blackouts.
A power grid failure blacked out northern India for hours Monday, halting trains, forcing hospitals and airports onto backup power and providing a dark, sweltering reminder of the nation's inability to meet its energy needs as it strives to be an economic power.
Several articles in The Washington Times last week underscored the stubbornly high national unemployment rate (8.2 percent) and indications that private-sector employers are putting the brakes on hiring: ("U.S. unemployment claims signal slower hiring," Web, April 19).