- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Congress
After years of running Minnesota's largest needle exchange, Brian Warden is beginning to see something new among the increasing numbers of suburban and rural heroin users coming to trade in used needles.
Four years after the tea party rocked the political world by ousting several prominent Republicans in Congress, the ultra-conservative movement finds itself with slimmer prospects as it moves into the new election season.
U.S. senators from Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island are among 28 lawmakers who are preparing to hold the Senate floor all night long to urge congressional action on climate change.
President Barack Obama will expand the California Coastal National Monument to include the Point Arena-Stornetta Public Lands, a White House official said Saturday.
President Obama said Saturday that congressional Republicans are out of step with Americans on raising the federal minimum wage.
Sen. Rand Paul demolished his competition in the 2014 Washington Times/CPAC presidential preference straw poll on Saturday, winning 31 percent of the vote -- nearly three times the total of second-place Sen. Ted Cruz.
The ruling applies to U.S. airspace below 400 feet and could open the door for commercial drone use by companies such as Amazon, which has said it's eyeing the craft as a cost-effective way to deliver packages.
Lucas Overby sits in the lobby of a retirement condominium on the Gulf of Mexico, surrounded by a dozen senior citizens, all old enough to be his grandparents. He's running for Congress, and every vote counts when there's only a handful of days before Tuesday's special election.
The governor announced Friday a $5 million funding package made up of tax credits and a state loan that will allow Josephine County's last sawmill to reopen.
Army Corps of Engineers and Environmental Protection Department officials have announced three options to help communities along New Jersey's Passaic River Basin deal with flooding.
A Lihue Airport runway needs to be extended to comply with Federal Aviation Administration rules.
The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources and the Conservation Congress have formed a new fishing advisory group.
Sunday, March 9
Mississippi is one of only four states receiving additional funds from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for dredging and flood control along its major tributaries, according to U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran.
The Army Corps of Engineers has agreed to dredge Oswego Harbor.