- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Congress Items
How dare President Obama threaten our elderly by saying that he will withhold Social Security checks if a debt-limit deal is not made ("Obama: Without deal, no guarantee of Social Security checks Aug. 3," Web, Tuesday).
Nigeria's main labor unions said they will begin a three-day strike July 20 after the government and private sector failed to implement a minimum-wage law signed by President Goodluck Jonathan earlier this year.
Religious leaders and activists from a variety of faiths called for tolerance of one another and said the U.S. government should step up efforts to fight faith-based discrimination and persecution around the world.
Prosecutors said Wednesday that needles and cotton balls Roger Clemens' former trainer says he used to inject the star pitcher tested positive for Clemens' DNA and anabolic steroids — evidence the defense said was faked.
The Air Force Academy recently purchased 25 advanced trainers from Cirrus Aircraft for its powered-flight program, an integral part of the cadets pilot training.
The Justice Department's effort to contain the Operation Fast and Furious gunrunning scandal is crumbling. Members of Congress are demanding full disclosure regarding the bizarre scheme to funnel guns to Mexican drug cartels, supposedly to help sniff out the higher-level bad guys. Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. isn't helping congressional investigators understand the rationale behind this breathtakingly dumb idea.
Moody's Investors Service on Wednesday moved toward downgrading the Treasury's AAA credit rating, considered the gold standard in world markets for most of the last century, warning that signs of a breakdown in the increasingly acrimonious budget negotiations have raised the likelihood of default.
The incandescent light bulb failed to earn a last-minute reprieve in the House on Tuesday, leaving the old-style bulb still facing a government-imposed death sentence when new regulations kick in at the end of this year.
There he goes again. More than six months after surrendering to Republican demands that this isn't the time to raise taxes on a weak, jobless economy, President Obama is peddling the same old snake oil medicine of higher taxes again.