- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
Latest Congress Items
Obamacare is unconstitutional. Everybody seems to understand that except Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and President Obama.
The simple banner is designed to honor those who served and died in the military. But a national campaign to add the red-and-white "Honor and Remember" flag to official U.S. flag displays on military holidays is creating painful divisions among veterans and the relatives of loved ones killed in action.
President Obama's pledge to freeze domestic discretionary spending for five years was a diversionary tactic. A look at the numbers shows how ineffectual his supposed fiscal discipline would be.
The Jan. 20 editorial "Rum and smoke" (Comment & Analysis) missed the mark about what is at stake due to unprecedented deals by the U.S. Virgin Islands to excessively subsidize rum companies with federal dollars intended by Congress to provide public services in the territory. Left unchecked, billions of U.S. tax dollars will be diverted to multibillion-dollar conglomerates at the expense of public budgets and fair competition will be destroyed for an entire industry.
A second federal judge has just ruled that Congress exceeded its constitutional authority when it mandated that most Americans must purchase health insurance starting in 2014.
Want more evidence that many government officials could not care less about protecting our person, property and liberty - which the American Founding Fathers saw as the basic purpose of government? Reports released this past week provided a bumper crop of evidence.
A federal judge ruled Monday that the Obama administration's health care overhaul is unconstitutional, siding with 26 states that sued to block it.
During his first two years in office, President Obama was a powerhouse. He used his majorities in Congress to ram through legislation that ranged from financial regulation to health care reform. He arguably accomplished more in the 111th Congress than any chief executive that came before him.
After calling for bipartisanship in his State of the Union address, President Obama chose to send back to the Senate two controversial nominees already blocked once by Republicans.