- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
Congressional Country Club
Latest Congressional Country Club Items
Justin Rose spoke to our Lou Holder after winning the 2014 Quicken Loans National tournament at Congressional Country Club.
The 111th U.S. Open got under way Thursday morning under drizzling skies at Congressional Country Club.
Light rain. Heavy rough. Welcome to the 111th U.S. Open.
_ The daunting 10th hole at Congressional Country Club turned out to be not so daunting at the start of the U.S. Open.
If birdies are supposed to be hard to come by at the U.S. Open, Johan Edfors isn't getting the message.
British Open champion Louis Oosthuizen was tied for the lead at the U.S. Open after making four birdies over his first 11 holes.
No Americans out there who can win the U.S. Open?
If it's possible to take a defining moment in one's life and enclose it in a display case, Ken Venturi did it last month at Congressional Country Club. Now every golfer competing in the U.S. Open can see the immortality at stake this week. The salt tablets dissolved long ago but most of what Venturi used to survive the debilitating heat — it was touch-and-go for a bit -and conquer the Blue Course to win the Open in 1964 now belongs to the club.
The unmistakable whack of drivers striking golf balls was mingled across Montgomery County on Sunday with the more subtle sounds of opportunity and excitement, before the start of the 111th U.S. Open at Congressional Country Club.