- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
Latest Connecticut Senate Items
The minority leader of the Connecticut Senate is renewing his call for a state inspector general.
The newest member of the Connecticut Senate has been sworn into office.
Longtime state Senate President Donald Williams announced Wednesday he will not seek re-election to the General Assembly in November.
Four months after the shooting rampage in Newtown, Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy on Thursday signed into law what legislators have touted as the strictest gun control package of any state in the nation.
When Republican Rob Simmons is asked why, after suspending his Connecticut Senate campaign for three months, he's now a better candidate for the GOP than a former wrestling executive willing to spend tens of millions, Mr. Simmons pulls out his set of military ribbons.
The Connecticut Senate race is shaping up as a key test of whether presidential attention can carry Democrats to the election finish line, as embattled Sen. Christopher J. Dodd has taken every opportunity to grasp Barack Obama's coattails.