- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Connor Carrick
With Mikhail Grabovski and Brooks Laich sidelined by injuries the Caps could use the help of top prospect Evgeny Kuznetsov.
Capitals general manager George McPhee says he traded two disgruntled players for a pair of proven playoff performers.
Now that Traktor Chelyabinsk is officially out of the KHL playoff chase there are already reports out of Russia that Evgeny Kuznetsov will be joining the Capitals before the end of the week.
The Capitals begin their post-Olympic schedule three points out of a playoff spot. The Panthers are tied for the third-worst record in the NHL.
Capitals defenseman Jack Hillen is not ready yet to declare a return after Tuesday's rehabilitation game with AHL Hershey. Hillen, 28, sustained a right tibial plateau fracture on Oct. 3 against Calgary and has missed the last 57 games. He began the year as a third-pair defenseman on the left side next to rookie Connor Carrick.
Capitals general manager George McPhee says he likes his blue line, but will make a move if it makes sense.
Some of John Carlson's teammates on the Washington Capitals have a message for him as he prepares with his U.S. Olympic teammates for Friday's semifinal matchup with Canada. Play well, pal. Have a good game. But lose.
Washington teammates Marty Erat and Nicklas Backstrom face off in the Olympics when the Czechs take on the Swedes in Sochi. Preview it here.
With the difference in rink size between the NHL and the Olympics, who has the advantage? Capitals Insider Chuck Gormley takes a look.
With Mike Green sidelined with another concussion, a fan wonders if the Capitals should consider moving him to right wing.
Battling a hot Winnipeg team, the Caps battled back from behind in the 3rd period on the strength of veteran stars and young players to beat the Jets.
With three games remaining before the Olympic break, Capitals defenseman Mike Green is likely to shut it down until after the Winter Games.
Rookie defenseman Connor Carrick recorded the first two-point game of his career against one of the NHL's best puck possession teams.
The Capitals are trying to work three young defensemen into the lineup at the same time. Their struggles have been predictable.
The Capitals are still in the playoff hunt, but is their roster strong enough to make a deep run in the postseason?
"I tip my cap to all the guys on Team Canada," Carrick said. "They're great hockey players, but I want the red, white and blue to win, just like any American kid would."
"I missed some of the preliminary rounds. Canada-U.S. comes up, I'm not going to miss that one," Carrick said.