- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
- North Korea warns South: We’ll attack ‘without warning’
- Congress sends sweeping defense bill to Obama
Consumer Finance Protection Board
Latest Consumer Finance Protection Board Items
A group of bipartisan lawmakers are pushing a plan to exempt pawnshops, payday lenders, check-cashing stores and installment lenders from oversight by President Obama's new consumer finance watchdog agency, saying the oversight could restrict credit and economic opportunities for lower-income and inner-city customers.
The National Labor Relations Board will have a "cloud" hanging over any rulings it makes after President Obama this week pushed through three recess appointments to the agency that don't pass "constitutional muster," a former member of the labor board said Thursday.