- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum
Cooper–Hewitt, National Design Museum, a subsidiary of the Smithsonian Institution, is the United States' national museum of design history and contemporary design and the only museum in the U.S. whose collection is solely focused on contemporary and historic design. The museum is located in the former Andrew Carnegie Mansion at Fifth Avenue and East 91st Street, part of Manhattan's Museum Mile. In addition to its permanent collection and regular exhibits, the museum presents the annual National Design Awards in more than ten categories, "celebrating the best in American design." The Museum also offers a Master of Arts program in the History of Decorative Arts and Design in cooperation with Parsons The New School for Design. - Source: Wikipedia
Bill Moggridge, a British industrial designer who designed an early portable computer with the flip-open shape that is common today, has died. He was 69.
Francisco Costa has waited _ patiently _ to make his big splash.
New York City's Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum is announcing that it has raised $54 million to renovate its Upper East Side mansion.
For 16-year-old Princess Lawrence, it was dizzying to be one of 15 high school students invited to the White House as Michelle Obama honored the winners of the National Design Awards.
Michelle Obama teamed up with TV's Tim Gunn on Tuesday to honor the nation's top designers at the White House for innovations ranging from fashion and architecture to the realm of new computer fonts and floor-cleaning products.
Remember that colorful Fiesta dinnerware on your mom's or grandma's dinner table? How about her Baby Brownie camera? Or that heavy, black telephone? Those and several other classics of American design are featured on a new set of postage stamps being issued Wednesday.
A century ago, Sonia Delaunay and her husband, Robert, were brash young innovators in the avant-garde art world of Paris, exploring the idea that contrasting colors could be used to create a sense of movement and rhythm in art.