- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Corey A. Stewart
Latest Corey A. Stewart Items
With a slew of candidates who many in Virginia still don't know much about, the wide open contest for the Republican nomination to be the state's next lieutenant governor may actually come down to style over substance.
The pace at which illegal immigrants are deported from the District under a federal initiative is far lower than in surrounding jurisdictions in Virginia and Maryland, even though illegal immigrants make up similar proportions of their populations.
Reps. Elijah Cummings, Maryland Democrat, and Gerry Connolly, Virginia Democrat, held a congressional forum Monday on voting problems.
Former Northern Virginia lawmaker Jeannemarie Devolites Davis will explore a bid for lieutenant governor in 2013, adding another candidate to an already-crowded GOP field.
Prince William County has been granted an exemption from Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act of 1965, which requires all or parts of 16 mostly southern states to "pre-clear" any voting changes with the U.S. Department of Justice.
Prince William County this week became the largest local jurisdiction in the nation to be released from the requirements of a historic federal law ensuring fair treatment for minorities at the polls.
Prince William Board of County Supervisors Chairman Corey A. Stewart will run for lieutenant governor in 2013, while a potentially formidable adversary will not.
A federal judge has blocked Prince William County's pursuit of information on the more than 4,000 criminal illegal immigrants the county has turned over to Immigration and Customs Enforcement since implementing its controversial crackdown in 2007.
Questions about Evans cloud D.C. lottery probe; Stewart endorses Allen for Senate; Video shows Norwood fumble questions in Lululemon murder trial; Reagan statue unveiled; O'Malley touts gas tax increase; Cuccinelli testifies on Hill against proposed EPA regulations; Maryland GOP elects Pipkin as Senate minority leader; Closing arguments expected in Currie bribery trial.