- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Council For Affordable Health Insurance
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich's biggest financial backer, billionaire Las Vegas casino tycoon and staunch Israel promoter Sheldon Adelson, is proving a mixed blessing with GOP voters for his favorite candidate, but to date Mr. Gingrich's presidential rivals have studiously refrained from making the donor a campaign issue.
President Obama isn't alone in his desire to meddle with individual health care options. This week, Virginia lawmakers are expected to vote on legislation putting Richmond in charge of one more aspect of insurance coverage in the commonwealth. It's part of a national trend of politicians thinking the public is incapable of making intelligent decisions without government. Such ideas need to be rejected regardless of whether they are being pushed by Democrats or Republicans.