- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says
- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
Topic - Countrywide
:For the former United States sub-prime mortgage loan company, see Countrywide FinancialCountrywide Ltd are the United Kingdom's largest estate agency group. It employs 10,000 personnel nationwide, working across 1,300 estate agency or lettings offices operating under 46 local high street brands, supplemented by 650 mortgage consultants and over 350 surveyors. Countrywide is listed in the Top Track 100. - Source: Wikipedia
A Democratic committee chairman overrode his own subpoena three years ago in an investigation of former subprime mortgage lender Countrywide to exclude records showing that he, other House members and congressional aides got VIP discounted loans from the company, documents show.
More trouble piled up for Bank of America Corp. on Monday, as it was sued by American International Group Inc. for more than $10 billion, saying the bank cheated it by selling residential mortgage-backed securities that were overvalued.
Bank of America and its Countrywide unit will pay $8.5 billion to settle claims that the lenders sold poor-quality, mortgage-backed securities that went sour when the housing market collapsed.