- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - County Attorney'S Office
Missoula County commissioners told County Attorney Fred Van Valkenburg he needs to work to rebuild the public's trust in his office after a U.S. Department of Justice report said its investigators found an "institutionalized indifference to crimes of sexual violence" in the office.
Story County officials have agreed to settle a lawsuit filed by a former employee of the county attorney's office who claims she was unjustly fired and denied payment for overtime.
Montana's attorney general is asking the U.S. Justice Department to send him the evidence in sexual assault cases the agency believes the Missoula County attorney's office should have prosecuted but didn't.
The Missoula County attorney is asking a federal judge to decide if the U.S. Department of Justice has the authority to investigate his office.
Missoula County commissioners on Tuesday approved spending $50,000 to hire an outside attorney to challenge the authority of the U.S. Justice Department to investigate the way the county attorney's office handles sexual assault cases.