- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Latest County Council Items
Prince George's Council member Leslie E. Johnson returned to work Monday, three days after she relinquished her county-issued vehicle, phone and computer in accordance with sanctions levied last week by her colleagues.
Prince George's County Council member Leslie E. Johnson pleaded guilty Thursday to charges that she flushed a $100,000 check down a toilet and hid tens of thousands of dollars in her bra to keep the money from federal investigators closing in on her husband, former County Executive Jack B. Johnson.
Former Prince George's County Executive Jack B. Johnson on Tuesday pleaded guilty to two felony charges involving thousands of dollars in bribes he solicited as part of a "pay-to-play" culture federal authorities say he fostered throughout his two terms in office.
Prince George's County Executive Rushern L. Baker III will deliver a State of the Economy address Tuesday night to garner support for his plan to trim a $77 million budget shortfall and spend $50 million to entice businesses to move to the county.
More than halfway through her term as chairman of the Prince George's County Council, Marilyn M. Bland, a Democrat, has ruffled a few feathers in the county.