- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
County Police Department
Latest County Police Department Items
The gunman who killed two people at a Maryland mall was a teenage skateboarding enthusiast who had no criminal record before he showed up at the shopping center armed with a shotgun, plenty of ammunition and a backpack filled with crude homemade explosives, authorities said Sunday.
Homicides edged up in 2013 in the District, a year after hitting their lowest mark in more than half a century.
The Prince George's County Police Department's new gun-offender registry unit is monitoring fewer convicted gun offenders than the number it initially estimated, according to data provided by police.
The Prince George's County Police Department is forming a new investigative division this year in a bid to streamline casework and boost case closures, according to police officials.
One man died overnight in Capitol Heights when he was crushed by a van that fell on him while he tried to change a tire.
The Prince George's County Police Department's inspector general said it's likely the case of a District Heights police officer who shot a handcuffed man in the back as he fled from the officer's custody will go before a grand jury.
A man shot Thursday night by a District Heights police officer was handcuffed and under arrest when police officials said he escaped from the back of the officer’s police cruiser and the officer fired at him.
Officer Adrian Morris of the Prince George’s County Police Department was buried with full honors Tuesday. He died in the line of duty last week while pursuing a theft suspect on Interstate 95. He was promoted posthumously to the rank of officer 1st class.
Virginia Democrats blocking budget; Speeding Prince George's lawmaker surrenders car; ACLU alarmed about D.C. police surveillance; O'Malley signing gay-marriage bill; Metro crime rate among highest in U.S.; D.C. votes to loosen handgun regulations; Registration begins for Easter Egg roll.