- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - County Sheriff'S Department
A D.C. firefighter has been arrested for allegedly filling a fake prescription at a pharmacy in Maryland while wearing his uniform.
There's been a serious injury to one man as crowds of sightseers venture onto Lake Michigan's frozen surface off Leelanau County to visit ice caves formed by waves, winds and winter's prolonged freeze.
A two-year-old girl reported missing over the weekend in Franklin County has been found safe.
An 81-year-old man is dead after being pinned beneath a tractor in Chisago County.
Inmates from a northeastern Indiana jail are wearing masks to prevent spreading flu when they appear in court.
A major highway in northwestern Indiana has reopened after being closed over the weekend so crews could repair numerous deep potholes.
Mayor Vincent C. Gray hired and the D.C. Council confirmed Kenneth Ellerbe to head the District's fire department without ever requesting a copy of his personnel file from the chief's former employer in Sarasota County, Fla. — a file that contained a complaint of sexual harassment.
A Los Angeles elementary-school teacher bound and gagged nearly two dozen children, put cockroaches on some of their faces and posed in photos with them, possibly inside a classroom, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said Tuesday.