- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
Court Of Appeals
Latest Court Of Appeals Items
The 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has turned down a request from the state for a new appeal hearing over claims by an inmate from Miller County who is awaiting execution.
The state Court of Appeals has upheld Timothy Stratton's conviction of sexual battery involving his wife's granddaughter.
A bill banning abortion in South Carolina beyond 19 weeks of pregnancy advanced Tuesday to the House floor, with supporters hoping it eventually heads to a courtroom.
The Narragansett Indian Tribe has been subpoenaed as part of a criminal investigation, according to a federal appeals court decision unsealed Tuesday, but the ruling didn't specify who or what the federal grand jury is looking into or what records were sought.
A federal appeals court is expected to hear oral arguments in late April or early May in a lawsuit challenging a 2012 law that threatens to close Mississippi's only abortion clinic.
The Mississippi Supreme Court will hear oral arguments on April 2 in Jackson from attorneys in two firing discrimination cases against the Lowndes County School District.
A federal appeals court has reversed a district judge's order blocking some of Gov. Bobby Jindal's education policies in Tangipahoa Parish.
The Arizona Supreme Court is considering the privacy of crime victims.
Apple filed papers on Tuesday telling a federal appeals court in New York that a judge's finding it violated antitrust laws by manipulating electronic book prices "is a radical departure" from modern antitrust law that will "chill competition and harm consumers" if allowed to stand.