- Colorado rakes in $2 million from January’s marijuana sales
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
Latest Cowboys Stadium Items
One by one, Washington Redskins players zipped up suitcases and solemnly rolled them out of the visitors' locker room at Cowboys Stadium in the wee hours of Tuesday morning. They experienced a new type of sting.
Chad Costa is a perfectly friendly guy, but he has a penchant for getting booed when he cuts his grass. His neighbors don't take kindly to the burgundy-and-gold signs and flags splayed across his front yard, nor do they think the American Indian logo tattooed on his ankle is particularly attractive.
Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott is willing to listen if Oklahoma or anyone else wants to join his conference.
The showcase matchup of college football's opening weekend _ No. 3 Oregon vs. No. 4 LSU _ offers some of the best things college football has to offer, a high-stakes battle of teams loaded with speedy players from marquee conferences, distinctive mascots and whatever you might think of Oregon's latest uniform color scheme.
Come Saturday when LSU faces Oregon on a national stage, the teams finally get to push aside the offseason tumult that has rocked both programs.
LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson and teammate Joshua Johns were released on $5,000 bond each Friday in connection with a bar fight that injured four people.
To paraphrase what a famously crooked alderman once said about politics in Chicago, "College football ain't ready for reform."
Marcus Spears was prepared to accept the real possibility that he might have played his last game for the Dallas Cowboys.
The tradition goes back generations, to the days when the NFL still referred to preseason games as "exhibitions."