- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Craig Miller
Jim Boeheim's spot on the coaching staff of the U.S. basketball team is secure, though the U.S. Olympic Committee is monitoring the child sex abuse investigation of Boeheim's longtime assistant at Syracuse.
Syracuse University men's basketball coach Jim Boeheim was greeted by another loud ovation Friday night before his fourth-ranked Orange met No. 10 Florida with former star Carmelo Anthony in a front-row seat.
Former Florida Republican state House Majority Leader Adam Hasner has narrowly won a poll of state conservatives meeting in Orlando, giving his campaign fresh momentum in the tight contest for the right to take on Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson next year.
Asked about Boeheim's status, USA Basketball spokesman Craig Miller said, "Jim Boeheim is a member of the USA Men's National Team coaching staff.'"