- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
- Russia sends bombers on 24-hour Arctic patrol
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick’s parade that won’t allow gays
- Houston dad kills boy, 17, in daughter’s room in mistaken ID tragedy
- Rep. David Jolly ready to work with Democrats on compromise
- Joe Biden: I can’t be president — my golf would suffer
- German authorities grab suspected hardline Islamist
- Rare lesbian HIV transmission case turns up in Texas
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
Topic - Craig Oster
The absence of Mike Green as the Capitals returned to the ice following an off day was curious at best. He took a puck to the chin Saturday night, and with his concussion history, it seemed too much to be a coincidence.
The Capitals on Wednesday signed forward Troy Brouwer to a two-year deal worth $2.35 million a season.
NOTES: Green suffered a twisted right ankle Saturday, his agent, Craig Oster said.
Oster said unless something strange happens, his client should play Thursday in Edmonton.