- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Cristiano Ronaldo
Otto Porter, Jr. posted an Instagram photo of himself in a Ronaldo jersey just days before the USA takes on Portugal in the World Cup.
Ronaldo, who has been hampered by a left knee injury, has been training regularly with the team but wearing some wrapping just below his knee.
The USMNT is hanging on in the Group of Death, but they face tough Portugal team on Sunday that could give them a lot of problems.
The Americans opened with a 2-1 win over Ghana on Monday behind John Brooks' 86th-minute goal, while Portugal dropped an embarrassing 4-0 defeat to Germany. When Ghana and Germany tied 2-2 on Saturday, the U.S. was suddenly in position to clinch advancement with a win Sunday.
Cristiano Ronaldo wore a knee brace in the final training session before Portugal's World Cup match against the United States on Sunday.
Portugal was reduced to 10 men when Pepe was red carded in the 37th minute for apparently head-butting Mueller as the German player sat on the ground.
For the first time since 1990, the United States heads to the biggest football tournament on the planet with no central defenders with World Cup experience.
Portugal has long been admired for producing talented players, and their flair has earned them the tag of "the Brazilians of Europe."
Germany will have two of its former coaches trying to prevent it from winning Group G at the World Cup.
Cristiano Ronaldo will sit out Portugal's friendly against Greece on Saturday as he looks to recuperate for the World Cup.
Cristiano Ronaldo and Bayern Munich won player and team honors Tuesday in the final AP soccer polls by The Associated Press.
Cristiano Ronaldo is the player of the season in The Associated Press weekly football polls after a prolific year in Spain and the Champions League.
Real Madrid's record 10th European title will be written down as a seemingly convincing 4-1 victory over Atletico Madrid.
Gareth Bale scored what proved to be the game-winner with a stellar header in the 110th minute, and Atletico fell apart after that.
Cristiano Ronaldo has two Champions League winner medals to show off along with his two world player of the year awards.
"I didn't force anything to play, I felt good, so I played," Ronaldo said. "Cristiano's back to help the team win."
"We have a nice advantage and if we score, we can complicate things for them," said Ronaldo, who has led Madrid to three straight Champions League semifinals but has yet to reach the final with the nine-time champions.