- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Latest Cristiano Ronaldo Items
Otto Porter, Jr. posted an Instagram photo of himself in a Ronaldo jersey just days before the USA takes on Portugal in the World Cup.
Ronaldo, who has been hampered by a left knee injury, has been training regularly with the team but wearing some wrapping just below his knee.
The USMNT is hanging on in the Group of Death, but they face tough Portugal team on Sunday that could give them a lot of problems.
The Americans opened with a 2-1 win over Ghana on Monday behind John Brooks' 86th-minute goal, while Portugal dropped an embarrassing 4-0 defeat to Germany. When Ghana and Germany tied 2-2 on Saturday, the U.S. was suddenly in position to clinch advancement with a win Sunday.
Cristiano Ronaldo wore a knee brace in the final training session before Portugal's World Cup match against the United States on Sunday.
Portugal was reduced to 10 men when Pepe was red carded in the 37th minute for apparently head-butting Mueller as the German player sat on the ground.
For the first time since 1990, the United States heads to the biggest football tournament on the planet with no central defenders with World Cup experience.
Portugal has long been admired for producing talented players, and their flair has earned them the tag of "the Brazilians of Europe."
Germany will have two of its former coaches trying to prevent it from winning Group G at the World Cup.