- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Deadly N.Y. train derailment leads to Senate call for cameras at tracks
- WWII vet, 90, en route to Pearl Harbor event booted from flight
- SWAT team at Phoenix hospital as armed man clears emergency room
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle dragged from political meeting, booted from party
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Thai prime minister dissolves Parliament, calls elections
- Hagel to meet with Pakistan’s prime minister
- Kiev: Riot police deployed near protest sites
- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
Latest Cristiano Ronaldo Items
Cristiano Ronaldo has signed a new contract with Real Madrid that will keep him at the Spanish club until 2018.
Accustomed to seeing some of the world's top players join their ranks, tens of thousands of Real Madrid fans turned out at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium on Monday to catch the first glimpse of Gareth Bale, the latest "galactico" to join the Spanish giants.
Real Madrid paying gazillions for Gareth Bale is the soccer equivalent of a fat cat using flaming banknotes to light up his cigars. In the middle of biting economic crisis in Spain, it looks wasteful and nonsensical.
Despite failing to win European soccer's top prize, Barcelona came out as the top team this season in The Associated Press global soccer poll.
Fresh off a second straight drubbing of the once-mighty Barcelona, Bayern Munich was voted the top team in the Associated Press global soccer poll for the sixth straight week.
Marco Reus and Felipe Santana scored in second-half stoppage time during an incredible comeback, and Borussia Dortmund advanced to the Champions League semifinals for the first time in 15 years.
Barcelona received the maximum points in AP's global soccer rankings on Tuesday, with the team's striker, Lionel Messi, coming close to top marks.
Cristiano Ronaldo surged to the top of the AP's latest global soccer rankings on Tuesday, thanks to decisive goals for Real Madrid in La Liga and the Champions League.
The forward completed Madrid's comeback in the 69th minute to secure a 3-2 aggregate win after the Spanish champions took advantage of United being reduced to 10 men.