- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Curling
Manchester City delivered a ruthless attacking display to rout Manchester United 4-1 in the Premier League on Sunday, the first derby between the rivals since the retirement of United manager Alex Ferguson.
David Beckham is retiring from soccer after the season, ending a career in which he become a global superstar since starting his career at Manchester United.
They came throughout the day, a steady flow of camera-bearing patrons, all wanting to pay homage to one of the greatest shots in Masters history.
Lionard Pajoy and Long Tan each scored his first goal with his new club, helping D.C. United to a 4-2 victory over the Chicago Fire on Wednesday night at RFk Stadium.
As the coach of a storied Maryland field hockey program that has won five of the past seven national championships, Missy Meharg has been interviewed more times than she can count.
Alessandro Diamanti scored the decisive penalty kick Sunday to send Italy through to the European Championship semifinals with a 4-2 win in the shootout following a 0-0 tie with England.
World champion Spain begins the defense of its European Championship title with a match against Italy in Group C in Gdansk.
Croatia beats Ireland 3-1 in Group C at the European Championship. Earlier, Spain and Italy drew 1-1.
Coach Ben Olsen often noted this past offseason that D.C. United's restructured roster, with substantially more depth and balance than in years past, sure looked good on paper. But in Saturday's 2-1 win at the New England Revolution, those qualities paid dividends where it matters most - on the field.
It's safe to say Dwayne De Rosario is the most unconventional Most Valuable Player in Major League Soccer's 16-year history.
The stadium was packed, the "Abby! Abby! Abby!" chanting fans were loud, and Abby Wambach felt everyone required an explanation because many had, after all, come to see her on Wednesday.
Pyeongchang is hoping the third time will prove the charm.
Greece secured its first World Cup win Thursday, beating Nigeria 2-1 in a Group B match.
The Japanese earned their first World Cup victory on foreign soil Monday when Keisuke Honda scored in the first half for a 1-0 victory over uninspired Cameroon in Group E of the World Cup.
Sometimes, a little change can go a long way.