- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Bomb, shooting in Egypt kills 2 police officers
- Tenn. woman receives two-year sentence for stealing $364K meant for homeless veterans
- School bus driver gets probation after kicking autistic girl, 8
- Ex-Army Ranger petitions to keep tan beret off certain soldiers’ heads
Latest Curtis Granderson Items
The way Curtis Granderson and the New York Mets are swinging, Adam Wainwright figured to be a tough chore Tuesday night.
Slumping newcomer Curtis Granderson hit a sacrifice fly in the 14th inning and the New York Mets outlasted the Atlanta Braves 4-3 on Sunday to prevent a three-game sweep.
It took all afternoon before Curtis Granderson finally generated some goodwill at Citi Field.
With a little more help from his defense, David Hale could have dominated. Instead, the Atlanta Braves fumbled away a chance for a road sweep against an NL East rival.
Zack Wheeler pitched effectively, New York's hitters lashed balls all over Chase Field and the Mets walked away with a much-needed win.
Arizona shortstop Chris Owings raced to get a speedy runner at first and sailed the throw into the opposing dugout. A few innings later, pitcher Ryan Rowland-Smith faced a similar hurry-up situation on a sacrifice bunt and threw the ball into the ground for another error.
Pinch-hitter Ike Davis hit a game-ending grand slam and the New York Mets were aided by a favorable ninth-inning replay review in rallying to beat the Cincinnati Reds 6-3 Saturday.
Five straight losing seasons. That's what the New York Mets have produced since moving into Citi Field.
Curtis Granderson hit a two-run homer in the seventh inning and a New York Mets split-squad earned a 3-1 victory over the Washington Nationals on Sunday.