- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Planned Parenthood rebrands ‘pro-choice’ as ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
Latest Curtis Granderson Items
Curtis Granderson envisioned a bunch of big hits when he signed with the New York Mets. Providing even one proved elusive, until Friday night.
Daisuke Matsuzaka pinched his eyelids, clenched his teeth and thought back. He couldn't remember all the details of the first save of his professional career.
The way Curtis Granderson and the New York Mets are swinging, Adam Wainwright figured to be a tough chore Tuesday night.
With a little more help from his defense, David Hale could have dominated. Instead, the Atlanta Braves fumbled away a chance for a road sweep against an NL East rival.
Slumping newcomer Curtis Granderson hit a sacrifice fly in the 14th inning and the New York Mets outlasted the Atlanta Braves 4-3 on Sunday to prevent a three-game sweep.
It took all afternoon before Curtis Granderson finally generated some goodwill at Citi Field.
Arizona shortstop Chris Owings raced to get a speedy runner at first and sailed the throw into the opposing dugout. A few innings later, pitcher Ryan Rowland-Smith faced a similar hurry-up situation on a sacrifice bunt and threw the ball into the ground for another error.
Zack Wheeler pitched effectively, New York's hitters lashed balls all over Chase Field and the Mets walked away with a much-needed win.
Pinch-hitter Ike Davis hit a game-ending grand slam and the New York Mets were aided by a favorable ninth-inning replay review in rallying to beat the Cincinnati Reds 6-3 Saturday.