- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Cyprus Items
Chad Barrett scored in the final moments of second half-stoppage time to give the Seattle Sounders a 1-0 victory over champions Sporting Kansas City on Saturday in the Major League Soccer season opener.
Chad Barrett scored off a wild scramble in the penalty area in the final moments of second half-stoppage time to give the Seattle Sounders a 1-0 victory over defending champion Sporting Kansas City on Saturday in the Major League Soccer opener.
One banner in the stands read "Ukraine is Undivided!" on the top and "One Country - One Team!" on the bottom. Ukrainian fans sang their nation's anthem in the final moments, and some broke into a chant of "No war in Ukraine!" after the final whistle.
Turkey's 1974 invasion of the Republic of Cyprus occurred in two phases. The first of these, on July 20, involved the illegal use of U.S.-supplied arms and equipment in violation of the U.S. Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, the U.N. Charter, the NATO treaty and customary international law.
Ukraine's national football team gave its troubled country something to cheer about on Wednesday when it beat the United States 2-0 in an international friendly.
Defender Oguchi Onyewu got his first start since summer when the United States played Ukraine on Wednesday night in an exhibition game moved to Larnaca, Cyprus, from Kharkiv because of political trouble.
The match had been overshadowed by the turmoil in Ukraine and its players said before the game that they were dedicating it to their people back home.
The match in Cyprus is among five remaining warmups for the United States ahead of this year's World Cup. For Ukraine, the highest-ranking nation that failed to qualify for the tournament in Brazil, it will serve as preparation for 2016 European Championship qualifying.